Any claims are governed by applicable law (Civil Code for individuals, the Commercial Code for legal entities, respectively).
1. General Provisions
This Warranty Claim Policy describes the normal business cooperation between a Buyer and company Schlamberger P & J d.o.o. (hereinafter the “Seller”). The Buyer is obliged to review the Warranty Claim Policy and General Terms and Conditions of Sale before ordering any goods with Schlamberger P & J d.o.o. By accepting goods from the Seller, the Buyer agrees with the Warranty Policy as outlined below. Should the goods not be taken over by the Buyer personally, the handover of goods shall be understood to have taken place the moment the goods are handed over to the carrier.
As a document of warranty (warranty certificate), Schlamberger P & J d.o.o. will issue for each item purchased a bill of sale (invoice – hereinafter referred to as: Warranty Certificate) containing all the data necessary for submission of a warranty claim (item description, unit price, number of items…).
2. Warranty period
The legal warranty period is generally 24 months for all goods, unless stated otherwise. The warranty period begins when the Buyer takes delivery of the goods, i.e. on the day listed on the Warranty Certificate.
3. Terms of warranty
- We recommend the Buyer check the condition of goods (consignment) directly before accepting it from the forwarder (number of packages, damage of box, etc.) and to reject taking over any damaged consignment. Eventual damage or incompleteness of the consignment caused by the forwarder needs to be settled with the forwarder and not with the seller. If the Buyer accepts the packaging showing obvious damage or incompleteness as delivered by the carrier and confirms the same by signing the delivery note, then it is not possible to make a subsequent warranty claim.
- We recommend the buyer to inform the seller about eventual damage or incompleteness by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible. If the Buyer accepts the packaging showing obvious damage or incompleteness from the carrier and confirms the same by signing the delivery note, then it is not possible to make a subsequent warranty claim with the seller. The Buyer is entitled to submit a warranty claim to the seller only for faulty goods which were purchased from the Seller. Any claim needs to be made before the expiration of the warranty period(see Warranty Certificate – bill of sale).
- Any warranty claim is to be placed with Schlamberger P & J d.o.o Novo Polje c. X/13, 1260 Ljubljana Slovenia.
- In case of a waranty claim, the defective goods may be sent to the shipped address indicated under processing of warranty by mail or via the selected forwarder. The package must be visibly marked “WARRANTY” and should contain as follows: the goods that are subject to claim (including all accessories), a copy of the bill of sale, a detailed description of the defect, and sufficient contact information for the Buyer (return address, telephone number). Goods sent at the expense of the Seller will not be accepted!
- The Buyer shall prove the validity of warranty by submitting the bill of sale, and if the goods have been previously claimed under warranty, said previous warranty claim shall also be submitted.
The warranty shall not apply to defects caused by:
- Mechanical damage to the goods
- Mechanical damage to the goods during shipping (see above)
- Unprofessional installation, handling or service (use) in contravention of the conditions listed in the documentation or of general principles (if the documentation of these goods exists)
- Use of the goods under conditions which do not correspond with the parameters and requirements listed in the documentation (if the documentation of these goods exists)
- Damage to the goods through excessive load, overuse or use which is not in accordance with the conditions listed in the documentation or of general principles
- Holds with defects up to two millimetres that emerged during production
- Goods modified by the customer (painted, bent, etc.)
- Damage to the goods by natural elements or force majeure
4. Processing of the warranty
We recommend that you provide notice of claims of goods by telephone or e-mail as soon as possible.
The defective goods may be sent to Schlamberger P & j d.o.o, Robova cesta 49, 1360 Vrhnika, Slovenia.
The package should contain the goods that are subject to claim (including all accessories), a detailed description of the defect, a copy of the bill of sale, and sufficient contact information for the Buyer (return address, telephone number).
The warranty claim will be processed by the Seller without undue delay and within a maximum of 30 days from the date the Buyer submits its warranty claim.